Do you wish to take a Yacht out on a spin? At Costa Rica Marinas, we offer a wide range of sailboats, charters, and yachts to give you the best ocean experience. Marina Charters offers exclusive family beach adventures around the Peninsula Papagayo.
10 Snorkeling Adventure Tips for Beginners
Anybody fit to swim can enjoy snorkeling. If you're new to snorkeling but excited about trying the sport, there are several safety measures to follow to make your snorkeling experience an enjoyable one.
- Wear a snorkel vest for safety and start snorkeling with a buddy to give you company out in the ocean. Invest in a good swim buoy that has excellent visibility. Snorkel vest and swimming buoy are necessities for first-time snorkelers.
- Carry with you a waterproof phone pouch to be able to call for help in case of emergencies.
- Do your research in finding A-grade quality snorkels, snorkeling fins, and masks and start training on how to use them from a professional or experienced snorkeler.
- Eat light before going for snorkeling and load up on proteins and some carbs to give you the energy to swim.
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours before you snorkel and stay hydrated by drinking lots of water. Remember to wear a UV protective rash guard to protect your skin from sunburn and harmful UV rays.
- Choose a beach where there is a separate snorkel area. When you stay within this area, you are not only safe from accidental drowning, but these areas are boat free.
Last but not the least; remember to check the weather forecasts before you head out to snorkel. Our Costa Rica Marinas offer professionally assisted snorkel trips that 100% safe and enjoyable.
How safe is snorkeling?
Snorkeling is safe for you if you know how to swim in the ocean and if you have taken the time to learn the basics of the sport from an experienced snorkeller. However, if you have any underlying health issue like asthma, cardiac conditions, epilepsy, or diabetes, check with your doctor first before you snorkel!
You can ensure the safeness of your snorkeling session by using a flotation device and top-quality snorkel equipment and by snorkeling in a guided group or with a well-experienced buddy.
What do you need for snorkeling?
You need to have the basic snorkel equipment to have an exciting time in the waters. A mask, snorkel, and snorkeling fins are the basics without which you cannot indulge in this sport. Besides, you will need a snorkel mask; if you wear glasses, then you will have to buy a mask that has enough space for the glasses.
Apart from this, you will need a water-resistant marine-life friendly sunscreen or rash guards to protect you from harmful UV rays. And if you are a beginner, it is highly recommended that you use a snorkel vest for extra safety. For the best experience with Costa Rica Marinas, get in touch with Marina Charters today!